The first year is officially over. I'm so happy to have had such a successful and amazing first year with fantastic kids and really sweet parents!
At the same time I'm sad because I'm really going to miss my little Penguins so much. I've grown so attached to them! A number of the moms have told me that their kids are going to miss us so much too. They're too little to really comprehend that we're not going to see each other on a daily basis anymore. I was talking to one girl who was traveling to Lebanon and she told me she was going to bring me a gift from Lebanon. The mom of one of my girls, whose daughter is going to "big school" next year, said she went with her to an orientation and met her new teacher, saw her new class and some of her new classmates and said the girl became hysterical. She wouldn't stop crying and said "I don't want a new school! I want my class! I want Ms. Jennifer!"This mom also broke down crying on the last day saying they were going to miss us so much. My parents were so sweet and generous too. They thanked us profusely saying what a great year it was and were very generous with the gifts. Honestly, although obviously I like the gifts, my favorite thing to receive were the cards...
Now 2 weeks of summer camp then flying home for 3 weeks!!!
At the same time I'm sad because I'm really going to miss my little Penguins so much. I've grown so attached to them! A number of the moms have told me that their kids are going to miss us so much too. They're too little to really comprehend that we're not going to see each other on a daily basis anymore. I was talking to one girl who was traveling to Lebanon and she told me she was going to bring me a gift from Lebanon. The mom of one of my girls, whose daughter is going to "big school" next year, said she went with her to an orientation and met her new teacher, saw her new class and some of her new classmates and said the girl became hysterical. She wouldn't stop crying and said "I don't want a new school! I want my class! I want Ms. Jennifer!"This mom also broke down crying on the last day saying they were going to miss us so much. My parents were so sweet and generous too. They thanked us profusely saying what a great year it was and were very generous with the gifts. Honestly, although obviously I like the gifts, my favorite thing to receive were the cards...
Now 2 weeks of summer camp then flying home for 3 weeks!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment