I joined a gym about a month and a half ago and I must say I was a little hesitant. I am a big Gold's fan (and former and future loyal member) and I know exactly what I like and want in a gym. I've had a hard time finding that since moving abroad. Well, let me specify, finding that for a price I'm willing to pay. I guess I was spoiled spending $40 a month with all classes included bc that does not seem to exist in Chile or in Dubai. I have a hard time spending over $150 a month for a gym, it's just crazy to me. That being said, having a gym that I like is paramount to me as it's a big part of my routine. I did extensive research on gyms here before deciding on one called Tribe Fit. Felipe and I signed up for 6 months (or as they say "joined the tribe") and are paying just under $100 each a month (that will go down if we extend to a year), which according to my research is a great deal here. Many gyms charge more than that and then you have to pay extra for any classes. At Tribe everything is included and they also have special events, such as yoga on a boat some mornings (Tribe is in the Marina), beach days for members with volleyball, yoga, etc. and nights of wine tastings and other events. It's also really conveniently located, only about a 10 minute walk from our apartment.
After my hesitation, I must say I absolutely love it! No disrespect Gold's, I'll be back in the future. Tribe has Les Mills classes (same as Gold's) so I'm able to do my regular classes, like Body Pump, which I love. The instructors are great, really pro and the class selection is wonderful. I also FINALLY tried spinning! I have to admit, I've been wanting to try spinning for a really long time (around 2 years ha) but was always really intimidated! I don't really know why to be honest. I suppose it's because I always saw extremely sweaty people coming out of a dark room and I just though it must be so intense. Anyways, I got up the courage to try it and I can't believe I've wasted so much time being afraid - I love it! It's amazing.
Oh and of course everyone is dressed to the nines at the gym - only the latest workout gear ha. In Arlington I feel that you see a mix, some are dressed in expensive workout gear and some in old college t-shirts. No college t-shirts here, it's hilarious. It's so Dubai.
Now I'm off to work on my tan. Felipe comes home tonight (after 5 weeks!) and I'm tired of him saying he's "blinded by my whiteness" hahah.
And I really enjoy the walk, the view is beautiful!
After my hesitation, I must say I absolutely love it! No disrespect Gold's, I'll be back in the future. Tribe has Les Mills classes (same as Gold's) so I'm able to do my regular classes, like Body Pump, which I love. The instructors are great, really pro and the class selection is wonderful. I also FINALLY tried spinning! I have to admit, I've been wanting to try spinning for a really long time (around 2 years ha) but was always really intimidated! I don't really know why to be honest. I suppose it's because I always saw extremely sweaty people coming out of a dark room and I just though it must be so intense. Anyways, I got up the courage to try it and I can't believe I've wasted so much time being afraid - I love it! It's amazing.
Oh and of course everyone is dressed to the nines at the gym - only the latest workout gear ha. In Arlington I feel that you see a mix, some are dressed in expensive workout gear and some in old college t-shirts. No college t-shirts here, it's hilarious. It's so Dubai.
Now I'm off to work on my tan. Felipe comes home tonight (after 5 weeks!) and I'm tired of him saying he's "blinded by my whiteness" hahah.
No comments:
Post a Comment