Yesterday I went to Aquaventure, which is the water park at Atlantis the Palm. I went with Bea, her boyfriend, Will, and Will's brother and sister-in-law who are visiting from England. We had a blast! And I was able to get a resident discount on entry with my Emirates ID, which was nice. The Atlantis is amazing!! Ironically Elaine and Bryan vacationed at the Atlantis in the Bahamas just a couple of weeks ago so of course I had to tell Elaine, "Look I'm going to Atlantis too! (typical twin) But only for the day, it's the poor man's version", to which Elaine said, "There is no poor man's version of Atlantis" haha, touché.
We got there right when it opened so there were no lines for the first hour or so. Some of the slides there were seriously scary and I almost chickened out, but I didn't and I was quite proud of myself! One of the first ones we did was called Leap of Faith, and here it is:
I was petrified and thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest haha. This was not even the worst one though! I can't remember what the next one was called but we called it the "coffin one" because you get in a clear tube which closes around you, you're leaning slightly back but almost completely vertical. It counts down 3, 2, 1 and then a trap door opens beneath your feet and you just drop! It's petrifying. Will's brother went first and had the attendants dying laughing because he was "screaming like a girl". You can watch people on it while you're in line for another one a level down, and the view is like this:
(You can't take your eyes off it if you want to see people going down because it's so fast, you blink and you miss it!)
There was another cool one where you go down quickly on a tube, then it flattens out and you go slowly through a tunnel surrounded by fish and marine life - super cool!
This is really how it looks:
I was so tired after the day I fell asleep at 9pm last night haha. I definitely want to go back because they have a dolphin experience there which I'm dying to do. I saw it too and it looks amazing, definitely worth the money! I told Felipe that we must do it at some point and he's on board. So hopefully one of my future blog posts will be "Our Dolphin Experience":)






No comments:
Post a Comment