Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Catching up! New digs & Jordan

I've been on quite the hiatus from my blog, admittedly, things have been a little hectic! I will try my best to recap.

Our lease in the Marina was up at the end of August. We had already decided we were going to move into a 2 bedroom since we were thinking of expanding. I'd been pushing for the Palm for years, basically since we moved to Dubai. Don't get me wrong, I love the Marina but I really wanted to live on the beach and I loved the layout of some of the residences on the Palm. After 3 years I also felt like we'd given it a good run in the Marina and were due for a change. Felipe really loved the Marina so was a little more hesitant regarding leaving there. We compromised and looked at 2 beds in the Marina, including in our building and also looked at Shoreline on the Palm. Ultimately the price was not a big difference and the Palm apartments offered more space that you just won't find in the Marina. Not to mention beachfront living:) Overall the Palm is also a little calmer and more family and dog friendly than the Marina. Once we found a place we pulled the trigger, hired a moving company and became the newest residents of the Palm Jumeirah!

The boys love sunbathing on their new balcony!


 And we're not that far from our old place, our balcony has a lovely view of the Marina:)


One of the highlights for us is that we can now both comfortably be in the kitchen at the same time lol - it's the little things!


 Living room


 Master


 Master bath



 2nd bedroom


 New kids on the block




The school year started off well and Felipe and I decided to take advantage of the Eid holiday in September to travel. We'd been wanting to get to Jordan so decided to go for it. We booked one night in Amman, one night in Petra and one night at the Dead Sea. We rented a car with gps and started our adventure! We found Jordan to be lovely and the people to be very friendly and accommodating. Petra was amazing; we spent the day running around pretending to be Indiana Jones, obvi.

Gps took us on a very interesting route from Amman to Petra, we're still not sure if it was the most official way to get there as it seemed very questionable at times, but hey when you're at the mercy of the gps you don't have many options!


Thankfully, we made it! We had a great lunch (we love Arabic food) then hit Petra.


 The Treasury, of course they were overcharging to ride the camel but I really wanted to do it so I negotiated a little to make it happen and not feel like I was getting ripped off. Can't miss me in that blinding Under Armour shirt:)



 Making it all the way to the Monastery at the end! A little sweaty, but still smiling:)




After exhausting ourselves hiking around Petra we went back to the hotel where we enjoyed a beautiful Jordanian sunset and an excellent rooftop meal, and some shisha for Felipe





 Such a cute hotel that I found on TripAdvisor!



The next day we were off for our final destination the Dead Sea, for some r&r! We stayed at a beautiful Marriott resort and the grounds and views were incredible. 





Swimming in the Dead Sea was such a crazy experience! Because of the amount of salt, you float like nothing I've ever experienced. I imagine it would be like being in space without gravity, only in water. It was almost impossible to swim because all parts of you keep floating to the top so it's hard to control your movements. This is why we were dying laughing in most of our pictures:)



The other cool part about the Dead Sea was rubbing the mud all over yourself. It's supposed to be rejuvenating and really good for your skin. Side note - don't get the water in your eyes because you'll feel like you're going blind, it burns like I can't even explain. Yes, I was the idiot who accidentally touched my eyes while in the water without thinking about it. I don't recommend it!






No comments:

Post a Comment