I was so happy to have the first term behind me. And even more excited bc Carly and Tobes would be coming to visit us for 7 days, including NYE! The weekend following the end of the term the teachers had planned a Christmas brunch. Not sure if I've mentioned brunch in Dubai before, but it's really something. Not a traditional brunch by any means. Not even in the morning. Many restaurants offer brunch (only on Fridays) usually from around 1pm -4pm and the food is pretty inconsequential. You pay a set price and it's all you can eat, all you can drink, emphasis on all you can drink. It is as big a shitshow as I've ever seen in my life. I was a little unsure what to expect going into this brunch because, as I've said before, this group of teachers is a little unpredictable and some of them have not always gotten along on the best of terms. Throwing unlimited alcohol in the mix seemed like a questionable decision. That being said, everyone was excited for the holidays and looking to relax and have a good time. We even did a secret Santa. My coworkers are British, Irish and Portuguese. I have come to the conclusion that British and Irish people are some of the craziest people I've ever met. They drink like nothing I've ever seen before to be honest. The brunch ended up being a really good time, with very minimal drama. One girl got upset bc she drunkenly thought another was "judging her" and in turn she started mocking her moves on the dance floor (did I mention upstairs at this restaurant turns into a nightclub when brunch ends, at 4pm?!) I have to say the one's moves on the dance floor were quite stripper-esque and I could barely keep a straight face myself. Luckily everyone was somewhat in their own world so no one picked up on this and drama was avoided. Things did start to get messy as our day came to a close. 2 of the girls fell on the dance floor. While leaving the brunch (mind you this is only 6pm) one girl vomited and another peed herself a little while vomiting. Again, Irish and British people take crazy to another level.

We also got cute Christmas headbands to wear:)
Prosecco and ribs? Why not!
On Christmas morning Felipe and I decided to take the boys up to the local pet store, Pampered Pets (I'm obsessed with this place!) We were just planning to get them some treats but once there saw the cutest Christmas sweaters ever! And the inside is super soft so as soon as we tried them on the boys literally didn't want to take them off. Of course we bought them and I insisted we go home and have a photo shoot with them in their sweaters, obvi. Needless to say Felipe was not as excited as I was about this.
But seriously, could they look any happier in these sweaters?! When we took them off to wash them and then put them back on we put Lucas' first and Chiqui ran over and was trying to stick his head in Lucas' sweater. They love these things! And of course they look handsome as hell.
Before heading out for our Christmas lunch by the beach at one of our fav restaurants we took a few family selfies as well (thank you GoPro!) Again, as you can imagine, Felipe's enthusiasm for this was through the roof:)
This is my favorite pic - it's very hard to take pics with Chiqui because his favorite thing is to give kisses
No comments:
Post a Comment