Friday, April 11, 2014

Recent Highlights and Bees with Boobs?

This last month has been pretty hectic but I'm finally on break for 2 weeks! My boss also gave us all a give certificate for a massage and a Turkish hammam which I'm looking forward to, although I don't have a clue what a Turkish hammam is:)

In March we had our Art Gallery party, for which my boss wanted to film some little videos to put on the school's Facebook page to hype up the party which was also a fundraiser for charity. My class went out to the football pitch (soccer field) to wait for our turn to be filmed painting and dancing. As we were trying to sit patiently I watched one of the French classes sit nicely and listen to their teacher talk about Van Gogh (seriously ha). I was impressed by how attentively these 4 year olds were sitting...I then turned to see my kids begin sword fighting each other with paintbrushes...all I could do was laugh, I mean they're 3 what do you expect?

One of my little ones working on our class masterpiece for the Art Gallery!


I had a conversation one day with one of the parents in my class, after talking for a couple minutes she stopped me and said, "Wait, where are you from?", I smiled and said the U.S., and she goes "Oh, American! I love Americans!" Apparently she thought I was British this whole time (7 months of me being her son's teacher). She continued to tell me how she thinks British people are snobby and rude toward Arabs but that Americans are extremely friendly, although "our countries have some issues haha" - she's Saudi. It was quite an amusing conversation!

I had another mom come in one morning and tell me that it had taken her some time to do her daughter's hair that morning because her daughter insisted that it look "same like Ms Jennifer" haha, and she had it up in a sort of ponytail/bun combo that I throw my hair up in daily. The girl loved it and would periodically point to my hair and hers during the day and say "same, same" and smile.

We read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and created caterpillars and butterflies for our nature theme


During our nature theme we also created bumble bees. The day after we completed the painting part I asked my kids in circle time what else we needed to add to finish them. They didn't respond so I pointed to my eye and they said "the eyes!", then I flapped my arms and they said "the wings!" and then out of nowhere one of my girls starts moving her hands in front of her chest in a circular motion and says, "Miss Jennifer, and the boobs"...what the what?! I was literally speechless for a moment and then just said "Um, nooo..."

In outdoor play one day a couple of kids from my afternoon class were lifting up their shirts and "touching tummies". One of the assistants alerted me that she had found one of the boys laying on top of one of the girls in a play house, with their shirts up, again "touching tummies". The assistant was quite flustered saying, "What are you doing? Don't you ever let a boy lay on top of you!" The little girl was quite calm, rolled her eyes and said, "Ms Karen, we're just touching tummies".  I literally had to walk away because I couldn't keep a straight face during this exchange!

No comments:

Post a Comment